How was everyone’s week so far? Well I haven’t had the best of luck this week. I was planning on doing a post, but I’ve been sick unfortunately. I went to the hospital and found out that I have a bad infection. I had to have an IV containing antibiotics before I could go back home. I’ve just been resting and taking my antibiotics, along with drinking plenty of water. I apologize yet again, for not being as active here, on WordPress, like I would like to be. I hope to get a new post up again as soon as I’m feeling up to it.
I did want to write up some kind of post though. I was recently tagged by the lovely ‘Beauty Mommies‘ for The Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you so much for tagging me! ❤ At first, I told myself that I wouldn’t do tag posts, but I’m thinking they’re a good idea. I have a new blog now, along with new readers. Some of you know quite a bit about me from my last blog, but then there are those of you that don’t really know anything at all about me. So I figured that, by answering these questions, it would give you all a chance to get to know more about me and my blog.
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how you started your blog.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created.
How I started this blog?
Well as some of you know, I used to run a blog called ‘Plus+ Beauty Blog.’ It was quite a successful blog. I started blogging while I was living in Las Vegas, Nevada. I was far away from my home state (Michigan), and I didn’t know anyone, or how to go about to meet new people. I figured that I needed to come up with some kind of hobby. I don’t work because I’m disabled. I deal with chronic pain/illness on a daily basis. I won’t get too much into that. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask me in the comments down below.
Well anyway, After running my blog for over a year, I had to take a break to get ready to move back to Michigan. We were living in Vegas in the first place, because my boyfriend’s work sent him there. He had to be there a minimum of 2 years. After 2 years was up, we decided that Vegas wasn’t the best place for us to be. I thought I would continue blogging once we were moved in and got settled. Well, my health and my pain level were not doing too well, along with some other private health issues I was dealing with.
A year had passed, and I didn’t blog. I wasn’t sure if I was ever going to get back into blogging again. For a long time, I just didn’t feel like myself. Then one day, I thought that I would like to get back to blogging, but I wanted to make a fresh start. So I deleted my old blog, came up with a new name, header, and that’s how Kate’s Vanity was born. I wanted to reconnect with old friends on here, and make new ones. Though, of course I got into blogging about beauty, because it’s a passion of mine. I wanted to be able to share that passion with others with similar interests. I don’t want this blog to only be limited to beauty only. I do plan on doing other types of posts as well.
My advice to new bloggers…
- If you’re getting into blogging, expecting to be paid and to get well-known, then don’t blog. Blog about your topic because it’s your passion. It takes time to grow a blog and to grow your audience. I’m not saying that you won’t ever make it to being paid for blogging, or that you won’t become well-known in the community. I’m really meaning to say, don’t expect it to happen overnight. Let this experience be about something you love, and enjoy it!
- Don’t worry about numbers. If you write it, they will come. I gave up, something like 1500+ followers on my old blog when I deleted it. I’m not here for the numbers. I’m here to have a conversation about all things beauty, and more! Also, one little last tip…I’m sure a lot of fellow bloggers can relate, I get peeved when some people leave a comment saying something like this “Come check out my page!” followed by the address of their blog page. It’s really very annoying! Just saying…When someone follows me, I usually follow them back, based on their content. If you write a post that piques my interest, then I will definitely click on it and read it.
Nominations for this post…
Well that’s it for this post. I hope that you enjoyed reading it! Thank you again to Beauty Mommies! ❤ You can check out their original post here. I hope to feel better soon, so that I can post here again soon! Enjoy your weekend!