Hey there! It’s been a little while since I’ve posted. I’ve just been feeling under the weather a lot lately. My allergies really got to me last week, and having chronic illness/pain kind of limits me from doing very much. So I just haven’t felt up to doing much of anything. I really wanted to post something though, so I thought I would ‘Google’ beauty tags online and came across this one. I do plan on writing another post within a few days hopefully…
1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I really can’t remember a specific item, but I remember when Bath & Body Works had makeup, and buying some of their makeup. I also used Almay a lot too in high school. Though I’m pretty sure that the first item had to be something Wet n’ Wild, in middle school that is.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Finding the perfect mascara is kind of like trying to find a unicorn. I’d like one that lengthens & volumizes, separates the lashes, has zero clumps, and does not flake off. The closest one that I’ve found to meet those expectations, is the Maybelline Lash Sensational. I’ve tried many different mascaras, but I always go back to that one. Another drugstore favorite of mine is the Covergirl Super Sizer. I still have quite a few mascaras to try out, so I’m hoping to find my holy grail one day soon!
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
I prefer a buildable medium coverage. Full coverage is nice as long as it doesn’t feel too heavy. I also don’t care for a matte finish too much. It makes me feel like my face is going to crack and break.
4. Favorite high end brand?
That’s a really tough question. I would have to say it’s either Tarte or Jouer.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven’t?
I really want to try Charlotte Tilbury, Natasha Denona, or Makeup Geek. I cant believe I haven’t tried MUG yet. I have no idea why I haven’t.
6. Favorite drugstore brand?
I love Wet n’ Wild, Nyx cosmetics, and L’Oreal. That’s a hard choice to make!
7. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Occasionally. If I have time and am not in a rush, I love wearing them!
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can’t leave the house without?
Well I leave the house a lot without any makeup, so that’s not really an issue for me. I would probably feel a lot better if I could at least put on some concealer, powder, mascara, brows, and lip gloss.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I’d have to say my eyeshadow palettes. Those can be really expensive! Like the one in the featured image for this post… 😉
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
I shop for new makeup way too often. We’ll leave it at that. I always say I need to go on a no buy or at least a low buy.
11. Do you have a “beauty budget” or do you spend freely?
I try to be thoughtful with my purchases. Sometimes the hype gets me, you know? Being a beauty blogger, you usually spend any extra money you have on trying new products. I keep saying this to myself, but I need to declutter a lot of old makeup or makeup I just never really used. It’s time to downsize!
12. Do you utilize coupons, rewards cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
Oh yes! I love shopping at Ulta the most. I love their rewards program. They always have coupons, and you can activate their 3x or 5x points offers. The points really add up, and then that’s like actual money you get to spend on products in their store.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
It has to be lipstick, because you can never have too many everyday pinky-nudes, right?
14. Is there a brand that you absolutely can’t stand?
There really isn’t, though I choose to not buy anything from Jeffree Star. That’s all I will say about that. That is my preference…
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
Not really. I should try to be more aware of the ingredients I put on my face though.
16. Do you have a favorite place to shop for makeup?
Like I already said, it has to be Ulta! I love their points system, and they have a great variety of products for every budget.
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep a certain routine?
I just keep with the same skincare products. My routine is very simple. I can’t really try a bunch of new stuff having Rosacea. I really don’t want to anger the beast.
18. Favorite bath and body brand?
I like Bath & Body Works, though I haven’t bought anything from them in a long time. I usually just pick up some body wash from the grocery store. I would say The Body Shop, but I feel like they don’t have much to choose from when it comes to scents lately.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Urban Decay, because I know I love their Naked foundation & Concealer, There really isn’t too many things from them that I don’t like.
20. What brand do you think has the best packaging?
I love theBalm’s packaging and Tarte’s.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
I don’t really pay too much attention to celebrities, but I really like Jennifer Lawrence.
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
I’m in a couple of Facebook groups if that counts? I don’t usually post too much, but I like seeing what everyone else posts.
23. Favorite Beauty Gurus
I don’t watch too many bigger channels, but I do like watching emilynoel and thataylaa.
24. Do you like multi-functional products like lip and cheek stains?
I never really use them. I don’t know why, it’s not like I don’t like them. I just never really think to use them.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
I have my moments. I’ve poked my eye out with a mascara wand quite a few times, stuff like that.
26. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes?
Yes I do. My favorite eyeshadow primer is the Milani eyeshadow primer. I think that using my Tarte Shape Tape concealer on my lids works pretty well too. It covers up the little veins I have going on.
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Usually none, because 98% of the time I don’t do anything with myself. When I wear my hair straight, I use some hairspray. If I wear it wavy, I use some mousse/gel and hairspray. Though of course I always use shampoo, conditioner, and a leave-in detangler.
28. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation first, then concealer.
29. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
I think it would be fun, but I’ve learned a lot from watching videos online.
30. What do you love about makeup?
Makeup is fun. Makeup makes me feel good about myself, it enhances my features. Makeup is art and it’s a way to express myself.
I hope that you enjoyed reading my answers. Feel free to do this tag on your blog if you’d like. I’d love to read your answers, please let me know if you do this tag. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great weekend!